Pages

My Thoughts ♥ Centerpieces

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I sat down and had a talk with the hubby last night and he thinks that I am rushing into things.  He thinks that I should not wear a full blown wedding gown, just a "nice lil dress", yet he is gonna be "BLACK ON BLACK ON BLACK" WITH THE "FINEST FABRICS", lol. 
I looked at him as if he was speaking to me in Mandarin and said "I dont think so, playa!"  I am most definetly going to have my moment they way he wants his.  We have decided not to have a bridal party since its only a renewal which I am perfectly fine with).  Why make people go out and by stuff and we are already married?  Makes no sense to me.  Its just going to be us, the kids, his mother and her common-law husband, lol and my grandmother (accompanied by an usher) walking down the aisle.  Very short and sweet.

Back to the planning.  So he must not realize that there is time involved and careful decision making.  Its not like we have all the time in the world.  We both are working parents with opposing shifts.  We barely have time to sit with each other on days when we both work.  So yes darling, I am gonna be on it because I want everything to be planned and put together just right!

So the next few things that I am gonna start working on are decor, setup and a color scheme.  He is wearing all black and I am wearing white with either red suede or satin shoes (I dont believe in the tradition of only wearing white if you are a virgin.  If it looks good, WEAR IT!)  We were invited by the hall directors to come in and view an actual reception in progress at the end of the month.  So I will go and check it out and get some ideas.

Here are a few things that I had in mind, not the colors just the idea.







(all photos compliments of TheKnot.com












1 comment :

  1. I think that is a beautiful idea! Just two years ago, my husband and I got married and the planning part was TIME CONSUMING!! I wish you luck and I look forward to seeing the planning process. I still love weddings!

    ReplyDelete